Quote of the Post - Silly, Wise, or Inspiring, and the Occasional Nonsense

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Generous Friends!

When the House closed down a very special friend reached out to more very special friends in an attempt to make our staying in touch a tad bit easier while I'm out and about on my various adventures. This friend started a donation drive to help me get a Netbook, and I was quickly humbled and touched by the support, both financial and emotional, that poured in. Each day as I found new messages in my inbox I became more and more aware of just how lucky I really am.

Thanks to the generosity of my friends, and a special deal offered to me by the local retailer, I was able to get an incredibly sweet deal on a Laptop intead of a Netbook. I ended up getting, two weeks ago, an eMachines eME725-4520,  http://review.zdnet.com/product/laptops/emachines-eme725-4520/33980423. I would have posted sooner, but part of the reason I got a whopping $130 discount on this beauty is because it was a display model. It hadn't been on display long, and it was under a plastic gaurd so it couldn't be touched, but I still wanted to make sure everything was working properly and that I wouldn't have to return it. Happily, it works beautifully. She's even more powerful than my desktop baby. I've named her Priscilla, and each time I use her I will think of all who made it possible and all who make it necessary.

Now you'll never be rid of me *cheeky*

(((((hugstoall)))))

6 comments:

  1. Oh Good! I'm so glad you were able to get something you liked! I can't tell you how much I miss My House (I'm sure others feel the same way and have said it far better than me.) But knowing that you now have a way to stay in contact makes it a little easier! :) (I'm signing this with my sn from your forum just in case...)

    kristing1123

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priscilla ? I love it ! I love you... (((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really happy that you could finally get your netbook. It's a great think that the retailer made you such a discount. And I love the name that you gave : Priscilla !!
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Marlo! So happy you're happy with it! [clap]

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! i know who you are kristin ;) (((((hug))))). i miss the house too :(.

    linda, priscilla and i both love you too!

    and more hugs for stephanie and steppe
    (((((supergianthugs)))))

    you guys are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Marlo, and you did a sweet job on the YG..THAT was a true labor of love. BIg hugs from the Mountains of Maine!!

    ps...Love the name for your computer, I call mine #@!&%%# most of the time.... lol Dot

    ReplyDelete