Quote of the Post - Silly, Wise, or Inspiring, and the Occasional Nonsense

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Two Days and I already have withdrawals

It's absolutely different not being able to check in to the forum a few times a day. I'm finding myself at somewhat of a loss in the morning when I get up. Technically the forum is still there, just incognito at a new secret address so I can tie up loose ends, but it's kind of creepy going there now, like going into an empty house with no lights on. I guess that's kind of what it is now...sigh...

Today after an afternoon of errands I spent the evening downloading and organizing the gifts from the forum. We sure were a very generous bunch, 5 hours of non stop downloading with a super fast connection and I still have all the halloween and Simchester files to download. There was a bit of a blip though, I seem to have lost everything that wasn't part of Simchester from 2008's halloween celebration. I will go back through my gmail accounts and my mess of oddly organized game folders, so I'm sure I'll find everything eventually. It's my fault I lost stuff anyway, I shouldn't have been doing house cleaning last night until 7am.

OH! I finally got around to joining the STS My House YG tonight. 12 people managed to join before me, but I think 6 of them are staff. There isn't a blessed thing there yet, but if y'all want to join, the first group is http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims94/ (Note to anyone who stumbles upon this blog and doesn't know what it's about, the YG is for archiving game files for the original The Sims games, so there's no need for you to join unless you play). There isn't a second group yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be needed since we had nearly 300MB of files at the House o.O.

There really isn't a point to my rambling, I just miss you all already and don't know what to do about it. I'm not ready to integrate into a new forum yet. I'm not sure that I ever will be either, but that's a crazy old me thing. I really have to work on my email skills i think, and on learning to speak german, dutch, japanese, spanish, italian, and better french.

Well, I don't really want to say goodnight, but I think I might be a bit delerious from not sleeping well last night, so I'll bid you a tout a l'heur, and leave you with a lovely quote from the lovely Evalynda at the top of the page.

Lots of love to you all!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Marlo, I'm feeling withdrawl too - it feels weird not checking there every day, but it must be twice as hard for you because you poured your heart and soul into it. And don't worry about there not being a point to your rambling. Any update, rambling or otherwise, whether it has a point or not, is welcome reading for all of us. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too sweetie. But this is going to be so good for you. There is a whole world out there just waitng for you and it's going to be a great ride! And as you can see we haven't gone anywhere. When one door closes, another opens. Can't you just wait to see what's there? I know we will still be there.
    Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Dear Marlo. I agree with Cheryl. You will have such wonderful Adventures.
    I think Aponeez Adventures is a super book title! wink,wink. ((Hugzz))

    ReplyDelete
  4. linda, i've tried to write one of "those" kinds of books, but...well...nevermind LOL!.

    hey sweet thing! i'm so glad you found your way here.

    (((((supergianthugs))))) to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can say any words we want with our voice but we cannot hide the true meaning and the true spirit behind the words. The true meaning is always understood. The voice is heard in the physical world, but the meaning is transmitted in the spiritual world. If our voice says one thing but the heart is saying something else, it's the something else that is heard. It is said that the truth will set you free. Reaching the truth means your voice and your words will be in alignment with the heart.---Barney Bush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say I miss My House too, but then you know that, as we tried our best to campout as long as we could, lol! Hope all is going well for you, my dear friend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come over play some games at FaceBook, Marlo, I'm missing you there! ;) ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  8. (((((hug))))) hi everyone!

    i'm having facebook issues right now :(, going to post about it momentarily, or rather, bitch and scream.

    ReplyDelete